Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Toomas Piibe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 13:51:31 +0200
From: "AMD 950" <[log in to unmask]>

> To any 'nix gurus out there.  I have a 3 machine home LAN that shares
> web access thru a router.  All are running Win98SE. I also have a D-Link
AP
> for access from an Ipaq. I recently installed Mandrake 8 on a 4th PC and
can
> access the web thru router but can't figure out how to intergrate it into
the LAN.
> Primary purpose of linux install is to gain exposure to the OS.  However,
I would
> like to move Divx files encoded on a 98 machine to the Mandrake box for
playback
> throughout the house (via an ATI card and some cheap RS DAs). I'd also
like the
> mandrake PC to share an OfficeJet printer connected to a windows PC.
Anyone
> has any suggestions or tips as to how I can easily accomplish this?  Do I
really need
> to set up the 'nix box as some sort of server just for file xfer across
the LAN?   TIA

> Ian Carmichael

You need install and configure Samba sever and client packages if already
not installed
- I dont know what Mandrake installs by default. If installed you need
configure it set to
sart at boot.
Thre are wizards to configure your LAN see
http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/doc/81/en/ref.html/wizdrake.html

More abot Samba   http://www.samba.org
and online slightly outdated book from O'Reilly
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/samba/index.html

Toomas

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml