Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 10:37:56 -0800
On 1 Dec 2001, at 21:46, Jack D. Rees wrote:

> Need an assist.
>
> Wife has a Compaq Presario laptop with Win98 OS.
>
> The mouse when hovering will automatically launch a command.  When
> typing, the cursor will automatically jump to wherever the mouse
> was last positioned.
>
> Have looked all over and can not find out where to disable this
> feature.  Any help would be appreciated.  Wife wants me to SHOOT
> the dang thing.  Need to fix this for her before she takes matters
> in her own hands.
>
> Jack D. Rees

  It's behaving as if the mouse button is constantly/randomly being
pressed....

  This is a moderately common issue with laptops, which often have
their touchpad/buttons/pointing device just below/in front of the
keyboard, where many users may tend to rest the heels of their hands
as they type.  The machine has no way to know what body part pressed
the button.

  IF you use an external mouse plugged into a port in the laptop, it
MAY be possible to disable the built-in pointing device.  (Although
you call it "the mouse", you've described the cursor and so I can't
be sure whether there is a separate physical mouse installed or not.)
  Failing that, your wife is going to have to learn to keep her
wrists raised while typing, or perhaps try to find a model that is
laid out differently.

Dave Gillett