Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
A&C Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 14:10:58 -0700
From: "Mike Whalen"
Subject: [PCSOFT] Mysterioso Win2k Beep

> Hiya,
>
> I have personally witnessed on three Windows 2000 computers -- all
> with different hardware and different reasons-to-live -- an
> occasional system beep. It doesn't happen often, maybe a few times a
> day. There is no indication in the event viewers as to the cause,
> and, well, it doesn't seem to be anything but a beep.
>
> Anyone have an idea what this is?
>
> I've thought about turning on auditing. Disabling the BEEP service is
> not the answer I hope to find.
>
> All computers are permanent connected to LANs, but not the same LAN.
> ICS is not running.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mike Whalen
-----------------

Mike,

Are you describing a system beep that comes from the mobo speaker (such as the single beep when
booting), or a sound file beep from multimedia speakers? As you probably know, there's a huge
difference between the two. If it's from the system speaker, it may be serious and it may not. Since
it's three different machines, I would check the MS knowledge base for something like that, that may
be related to Win2K. If it's from the multimedia speakers, then it's likely related to Netmeeting,
MSN Messenger, or some other logon event. hth

Al Thompson

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com