Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 10:33:56 -0800
On  4 Mar 98 at 23:56, Chris Louth wrote:

> Having been given 64 MB of ram, I now have 128 MB in my Win95 machine. I
> almost never have more than 40-60 megs in use, and even that is rare.
> Why would I not gain anything from a 32meg ram drive for my swap
> partition?

  You have far more memory than you ever need.  Therefore, it is
never really necessary for swapping to occur; you can safely turn off
virtual memory in the control panel.

  You may be able to speed up some tasks by using a RAMdisk instead
of a hard disk.  Swapping, though, shouldn't be one of them; if you
need to swap, the spare RAM you're using for a RAMdisk isn't, by
definition, really "spare".

David G