Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Kelly Younger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 20:12:07 -0500
Charlie wrote:

> I am new to the list and have a problem that has been plaguing me for quite
> some time.  When I try to access a site with the typical <www.> prefix, on
> many sites I get a 404 error message.  If I drop the <www.> I get in to the
> index page but cannot go deeper as it defaults to the www.  This happens on
> NN 4-4.7 and IE 4-5.0.  The sites range from SEs to .coms.  Any thoughts?
> My ISP says it is not them.  I brought in my computer for them to look at.
> When I first noticed it, it was intermittent and I suspected the sites were
> having problems.  Then it was constant.  I have reloaded 98SE and cleaned
> registry.  Thanks.
>
> Charlie Bennett
> Williamsburg, VA

Look in C|Windows for a file named hosts (with no extension, not
hosts.sam). If found re-name to hosts.bak. This happens frequently when
using so-called "browser accelerators" when using Netscape. if you have
any browser accelerators, adds-off programs or the like, I would give
some serious though to disabling them. I don't know about IE.
--
Kelly Younger

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html