Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Sat, 28 Aug 2004 15:37:20 -0700
Martha,
Sorry, I wasn't clear.  She wants to install Windows 2000 and Office
2000.  She doesn't want to upgrade the WinME.  But, maybe her system
isn't big enough for Win2000 AND Office 2000?

We've checked what's running in the background and that's not the
problem.  There are a lot of programs on the computer, (which she wants
to get rid of too - she bought this computer used and it came with
them), but they are not running, so shouldn't affect the speed.

She had Spybot, but uninstalled it because she said it was interfering
with Scandisk.  I don't see how, but she didn't think it was doing her
any good anyway, because Ad-aware found things Spybot didn't but not
vice versa.  I'd had it work the other way around as well and told her
so, but I'll mention it again.

We've checked what's running in the background and in Startup and it
doesn't appear to be either of those things.

9 gigs doesn't seem small to me.  My last computers hard drive was only
250 megs!!  :-)  I've had my current computer over 4 years and it's only
13 gigs, but I still have 10 gigs free!  I don't do DVDs or much music,
big graphic games etc.  And I have Win 98SE.  I hear WinXP takes a lot
more space.  But you think Win2000 would run on hers?  How about with
Office 2000?  Should she use one of those programs to erase the hard
drive, after she backs up her data etc.?  Is that what you mean by a
clean install?
Carol Hanson

She may
> have too many programs running in the background. She should check to
see
> what is in her Startup.  Also, even though she uses Ad-aware, there
are a
> number of spyware programs that Ad-aware might not catch. She should
use
> Spybot as well.

If she wants Windows 2000, she will have to get
> the full install package, not the upgrade.
> Windows 2000 would run on the system she has. (That is a small hard
drive!)

> One option is toinstall Windows SE (full install), format the drive
after
> backing up any data onto removeable media that she wants to keep.
Office
> 2000 will run ok on Windows 98SE.
>
> Martha Bagwell
> http://www.marthas-web.com