Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Paul Gene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2007 14:19:39 -0600
Original message:
> Folks,
> I've got a problem which I never seen discussed here  so....
> I have a XLS file, slightly over 2 Mbytes in size, on an old  Windows-95
> machine that I want to transfer to this machine running Windows-XP  Pro.
The
> problem is that the W-95 machine has only a single floppy  drive, and no
USB
> ports, whereas this machine has no floppy drive, but does  have USB ports.
Does
> anyone know if (or how) I can break the larger file  into two parts so
that each
> part will fit onto a floppy - then I can go to a  third machine which has
> both a floppy drive and USB ports.  There I could  then put the two
sections back
> together (is that possible-?), transfer that  larger file to a flash drive
> and then load it onto this machine using the USB  ports.
> Is this doable or not?
> Lewis Emerson

Lewis:
Your XLS file is an Excel spreadsheet. You could open the file; copy part of
it; save it to a new file; repeat this with the other part. You should then
have 2 smaller files which will fit on 2 floppies. Then do your transfer to
a flash drive. Next use the flash drive to install the 2 files on your new
machine. Then open each and copy/paste one into the other to merge the 2
files into the original.
Paul Gene

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml