Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2007 15:55:03 -0500
Good Afternoon All,

A friend of mine called me late last week asking if I could drop by to diagnose and fix a problem with the Outlook Express installation on her WinXP SP2 desktop PC. Here's the problem in a nutshell as described by another person who has also encountered this issue:

"When working with emails in Outlook Express, I recently noticed that my emails never open when I double-click on them. Instead, they go in the taskbar minimized. The only way I can get them to fill the screen is by right-clicking and selecting maximize."

See http://help.lockergnome.com:80/windows2/Emails-Open-minimized-ftopict489136.html .

I confirmed this behavior during my visit but was unable to see an obvious reason for the problem, nor was I able to fix the problem by doing routine maintenance on OE and Windows or by rebuilding the mail client manually with new .dbx files, etc.

Having never seen this problem before, I told her I'd do some online sleuthing and hopefully get back to her with a fix ASAP. Well I've done my online detective work and discovered that others have also reported this problem in various tech forums but to date no one has posted a fix or even a repsonse. Also did an extensive manual review of OE's registry settings, but was unable to locate and identify a particular entry that might be related to this problem.

Have any of you seen or heard of this problem and, if yes, do you know what might be causing this undesirable and extremely annoying behavior? Most importantly, does anyone know of a fix?

TIA.

Very truly yours,
Jeffrey Ottie

eom