Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Toomas Piibe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 12:18:10 +0200
From: "lolo" <[log in to unmask]>

> whenever I try to bring up the control panel I get the following error
> messages in sequence: "ODBD Installer: ODBC can't load the
> resource\windows\system\ "(I can't see the rest of the message)....
> once I click ok I then get "XCM Control Panel: Couldn't load
> <CMF.DLL, check Bin.Dir in XCM.ini", and once I click ok the
> control panel finally appears with all the icons... before that there's
> only the search flashlight.
> can I get rid of the annoying messages?
> thanks,
> laurence panon

Seems that some installation is gone wrong. First error message propably
means that Windows can't find some ODBC database driver. Look under
ODBC in Control Panel.

Answer to second problem propably is  MS Knowledge Base article  Q191269
---------------------
SYMPTOMS
After you upgrade from Microsoft Windows 3.1x to Windows 95 or Windows 98
and then open Control Panel, you may receive the following error message:

Couldn't load Cmf.dll, check BinDir in Xcm.ini

If you then click OK, Control Panel opens normally.

CAUSE
This behavior can occur if you have the Xerox Color Manager program
installed on your computer before you upgrade to Windows 95 or Windows 98.

RESOLUTION
To resolve this behavior, follow these steps:

Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files Or Folders.

In the Named box, type xcm*.cpl, and then click Find Now.

Rename any copies of the following files to a .old file extension:

Xcmcp.cpl
Xcmini.cpl

For information about how to do so, click Start, click Help, click the
Index tab, type renaming, and then double-click the Renaming Files topic.

Repeat steps 1-3. Locate and rename the following file to a .old extension:
Xrcmcp.cpl

Restart your computer.

Toomas Piibe