Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2007 07:30:43 -0700
On 9 Apr 2007 at 5:03, Jagpal S Tiwana wrote:

> I hv a windows 2000 computer. when starting it, it asks  me User ID
> and PW and it it asks Contrl +Alt+Delete etc.
> Is there a way I can bypass all such things, I m the only one who
> uses this computer. I want a quick start,

  Yes.  There was recent discussion here about a Microsoft "PowerToy" called
TweakUI.  One of its subfeatures is "Automatically log on as", which allows
you to enter that account name and password once and never need to see it
again.

  I don't actually recommend that you use this feature, since anyone else
who gets access to the machine will *also* be automatically logged on *as
you*, but it's there if you choose to risk it.

  I believe you'll have to turn off the Ctrl-Alt-Del by going into the
machine's "Local Security Policies" and turning off "Secure Attention".
This is another security feature which ensures, when enabled, that a person
is at the keyboard, since it is allegedly impossible for software to
simulate the Ctrl-Alt-Del sequence (which generates a reserved hardware
interrupt from the keyboard controller...).

David Gillett

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml