Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
don penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 16:31:24 -0600
Marshall writes:

<<I am running WinXP Home...256 memory, 366 CPU.  I am trying to
defragment my disk...I've tried Speed Disk, but found it was too
slow...all day long and it only got 67%.  I gave up, and am using
Windows Disk Defragmenter...this is definitely NO FASTER.

I've started with EnditAll, so nothing is running except the defrag...>>

First, disable all screensavers (these are the commonest causes of defrag
problems).

Don't rely on EndItAll to close everything.  It won't.  Nor will
Ctrl/Alt/Del necessarily show everything that's running.

It's likely that there's still something running in the background which is
interfering with defrag. Possibly your anti-virus (Kaspersky for example
runs invisibly).

I don't know about XP, but in Winxx the best way to defrag is to reboot
with Shift held down, to bypass all startup software (but even this isn't
infallible).

Try defrag from Safe Mode.

Use a freeware utility such as Process Viewer to see what is still running
after EndItAll has done its work.

Don Penlington
Free computer tutorials at: http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
Also Fractal Galleries,  free icons,  poetry,  and beautiful Queensland beaches.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com