Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Loy Pressley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Aug 2005 09:40:39 -0500
Thanks for the program recommendation.  I downloaded it and it says that
there is no problem with the files on the CD.  I don't think that I have
a bad burn.  I brought the disk back to my house and put it back on my
computer.  It shows that all the files that I put on the disk are there
and readable.

I think that when the laptop disk was erased and all programs
reinstalled, the files to read a UDF disk were left off.  I say this
because I have burned numerous CD-R disks on this computer, mostly with
family pictures and things such as that, and all these disks were
readable with no complaints on all other other computers on which they
were run.

Where can I get a packet reading/writing program for the XP machine?

In my Easy CD Creator 6 folder on my computer I have the files
UdfrChk.exe, udfrinst.zi, and a folder named MRW which contains
autorun.inf and mrfinst.exe.  If I remember correctly, these are the
only files that show up when you try to read the disk on her laptop.  If
I put these files on the laptop hard disk and run the .exe files would
that install the software so the laptop could read my CD-R disk?

If that won't work, how do I burn a CD-R using the file system you
recommended?  I looked at a CD-R that I use all the time to backup
files.  I copy the files to the CD-R using widows Explorer.  When I look
at that file using the software I downloaded, it is the same type of
file system as is on the CD-R that can't be read by the laptop.

Thanks, Rick, for the reply.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Loy

Rick Glazier wrote:

> You might have just gotten a bad burn, or the reader drive
> does not "like" the brand of disk you used...
>
> But more likely, it sounds like you might have used DirectCD
> or Universal Disk Format (UDF), a "packet writing" type of burning...
>
> You have two choices (if I am correct in what you did).
> 1) Install  packet reading/writing software program on the XP machine
> that is compatible with the one you used. They are (or always were)
> particularly version specific and incompatible.
>
> OR, Burn a new CD-R. Use the CD burning program as an authoring
> or "Mastering Program" and burn in ISO Level 1, Mode 1,
> Character Set ISO 9660, WITH Joliet Extensions. Joliet = (Secondary
> Volume Descriptor and directories using Unicode.)
>
> Another way to put that easier (since I don't use your burning program
> and can't give an exact "follow the dots" answer) is to start a
> compilation
> and add files to it normally.
>
> If you need to find out how the existing CD-R was recorded, I recommend
> ISOBuster. It will tell what filesystem is on the CD-R. The free version
> (not registered) is "good enough" for a beginner.
> http://www.isobuster.com/isobusterdownload.htm

<SNIP for brevity>

                 our special coffee cups and mouse pads
              with the PCSOFT logo...  at a great price!!!