Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 11:37:38 -0400
Version 6.22 of MS DOS was the last dos used with Windows 3.1  All Win9x
versions of windows are informally referred to as having DOS version 7,
although there are slight differences among them.

The command syntax
dir /b /s filename |find /i "filename"

works in a win2000 command prompt too.  Find will not accept wildcards * and
? but win2000 has a command line executable called findstr.exe that does
that and a whole lot more.  Type filestr /? in a command prompt window
(found under Start,Programs,Accessories) for a  description.  Or you can go
to Help, Index, and lookup "command reference" for a full description of
dos-like commands in win2000.
Tom Turak

-----Original Message-----
From: Marty Landman [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2002 1:09 PM

At 10:46 AM 6/17/02 -0400, you wrote:
>Redirection in DOS is typically done using a 'pipe', which is accomplished
>by placing a | (it is next to the backspace on the keyboard) between the
>commands. To find files from a DIR command, use:
>
>DIR /s command.com | find /i "COMMAND"

Thanks Tom; that's alot cleaner than what I posted.

>This form is not very useful because you don't get the folder name on the
>screen.
>In dos 6 and earlier

Tom, how can I find out which version of DOS I'm running on my Win95 boxes?
Also, does it make sense to upgrade always or might there be reasons to
stay with what I have such as compatibility with my particular W95 release?

Thanks,
Marty

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml