Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Lee Greathouse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2000 11:40:50 -0400
Date:    Tue, 2 May 2000 19:34:58 -0500
From:    "Arthur J. Thompson" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Windows configuration invalid

Hi,
I hope someone out there can help me. I apparently accidently deleted or
corrupted some files that are necessary to load Windows. I'm running
Windows98SE on a 450MHz Pentium II with 128MB SDRAM. When I boot I
cannot get into Windows, instead I get an error message as follows:
"Invalid VxD dynamic link call from CDUDF(04) + 00000181 to device
"0488", service 1. Your Windows configuration is invalid. Run the
Windows setup program again to correct this problem."
If I answer "yes" to continue to load Windows, I get the following error
message: "VFAT initialization failed. A device or resource required by
VFAT is not present or unavailable. VFAT cannot continue loading. System
halted."
The problem is when I try to run "setup", I get the message "THis
program requires Windows".
I've loaded the diagnostic tools utilizing my boot disk but I do not
know what files I need to extract and/or where they are targeted to and
what the path needs to be.
I hope someone can guide me to a way to get into "setup" of how to find
andextract the files necessary to solve the VFAT initialization problem.
I am able to access my C: drive and get a directory of that drive but I
just can't get into the operating system.
TIA      Art Thompson

Hi Art.  Have you tried booting with the emergency disk, changing drives
at the DOS prompt to D:, or whatever your CD-ROM is, then typing SETUP,
and hitting the Enter key?  Sounds like you may be trying to set up
Windows from Windows, instead of the DOS prompt from the floppy, then
the CD-ROM.  If you've lost your CD-ROM drivers, copy MSCDEX.EXE from
the startup floppy to the root directory on C:, that is copy straight to
C:\  Hope this helps.  -- Lee Greathouse
--

         The NOSPIN Group Promotions is now offering the NOSPIN
        File Download CD, Abit's Gentus Linux, Linux Power CD and