Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Oct 2010 17:31:26 -0400
Hi Alfreda,

This typically happens when the installation of a program failed.
When dealing with a question like this it's always helpful to list your
Operating system.

I'm not sure what this "Scan" program is.
I don't think it's a rogue program since it uses the Windows Installer.
Can you relate it to any programs you have installed recently?
Does it show in Add/Remove? (even though it looks like it failed)

In the past you could use the Windows Installer Cleanup utility
(MSICUU2.exe)  . See below
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2438651/

Windows Installer Cleanup utility (MSICUU2.exe)
Quote - " While the Windows Installer Cleanup utility resolved some
installation problems, it sometimes damaged other components installed on
the computer. Because of this, the tool has been removed from the Microsoft
Download Center."

Nevertheless, it's still available outside of Microsoft and you can still
use it ,but with care.
Set a Restore Point before you use it.
http://majorgeeks.com/Windows_Installer_CleanUp_Utility_d4459.html
In this utility you'll be looking for "Scan" ,but be sure you pick the right
one. Then, if sure ,delete the entry.

Another method to find out what is started at boot-up or log-on , is to use
Autoruns
Again ,look for this "Scan" program and remove it from the startup list.
Autoruns for Windows v10.04
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

The cleanup utility can be more effective since it removes the installer
record  of the program in question,
so there won't be any call to the Windows Installer any more.

Hope this helps.

Peter E.