Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 May 2010 02:32:03 -0400
Hi Gerry,

There may be a couple of ways to slow it down  or even stop this particular barrage of spam.
You'll never get rid of all spam ,but it can be managed.

Make sure that your machine is clean and doesn't contain any kind of spyware or worm.

You may have to reset your filters at Comcast. A lot of ISPs don't have very good spam filters,
but if your contact list is much smaller than the spam addresses, you make a list of all your contacts and
mark them as safe senders. Conversely , any other mail that does not contain the names nor the email addresses
on your safe senders list will be marked as spam and end up in the spam box.

You may occasionally scrutinize the efficacy of your method by visually scanning the spam box.
Known names and addresses will quickly jump out and you can mark them as Not Spam.
So you'll really have only 2 rules - one that contains all your trusted addresses and another rule that says,
if the message does not contain any of the trusted names and/or addresses ,it will be marked as spam.

You couldn't possibly begin to mark every spam name and address  -you'll have hundreds of rules.

If possible ,for the time being ,create another email address with Comcast or better yet, get a Gmail address.
Google's spam filters are much better than most ISP's filters.
Occasionally check the spam box for misdirected mail.

Since you use Outlook Express 6 and also Outlook 2003 ,I'm assuming you use XP and possibly download
the mail to your computer. To avoid getting any spam on your computer ,use a mail pre-checker.
POP Peeper is a very useful and free one    http://www.poppeeper.com/
Mailwasher   http://www.mailwasher.net/mailwasher-free     is good too ,but the free version only allows 1 account ,
whereas POP Peeper allows multiple accounts.
There are many others ,but not all are free ,nor do they support multiple accounts or POP as well as IMAP.
(POP Peeper covers all those requirements)

I don't rely on local spam checkers ,like in security suites etc. I always turn them off.
The key is NOT to download the spam in the first place. If you let the local checker do all the work,
it will bog down  your email download and also cause problems for your email clients.
Both, spam box and delete box will be overloaded and if not emptied and especially compacted very frequently,
it could cause the email client to freeze up or corrupt the data bases..

Even using an email pre-checker may not prevent downloading the occasional spam email.
This might happen in the time you (pre) check and subsequently download the mail.
One or two may slip by during that time ,but are of no consequence and easily dealt with.

Hope this sheds some light on it.

Peter E.