Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Ryan E. Schutte" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 16:37:14 -0500
I have been fighting a problem with several computers over the last 2
years.  I currently have another one here now that I'm trying to get working.

The problem is that Internet Explorer, Netscape, or any other Internet
program won't work, just says page can't be displayed.  If you go to a
command prompt, you can ping addresses or even domain names and it works.

We have tried reinstalling Windows over itself with no luck.  We've
reinstalled IE and Netscape.  On this particular computer we're working on
now, it has WinXP, Home Edition on it.  We went through and installed it a
second time in the windows directory (original one being in the winnt
directory).  The new installation works fine, but the original one still
doesn't.  We've tried copying tcp files and registry entries from the new
one to the old one, etc.  Still nothing.

What would cause this and how can it be fixed?  I have had about 10
computers now with this problem, and the only solution I've been able to
find is to reformat and start over.  I have worked on this problem on
Win98, ME and XP.  The first times I ran in to it was when I was custom
building computers.  Twice, the computers wouldn't download anything from
the Internet.  Reinstalling the hard drive the EXACT same way I had before
(Windows preinstallation for OEMs), it worked fine.

--
Ryan E. Schutte
Owner - KawreS

KawreS - The SuperStore for all your needs and prices that you will love!

The biggest mistake people make in life is not trying to make a living at
doing what they most enjoy. -- Malcomb Forbes

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml