Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Richard Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Feb 2010 01:26:09 -0500
From: "Lewis C. Emerson"
clipped: >Dell Dimension 2400 Series w. Win XP-Home Ed.  This machine was
>much faster than the slowed-down laptop so I've been using it.  Now the Dell
>has slowed to the point that makes me wait >and wait and wait to get anything done.

Do yourself a favor and back up all your data.
(A Hard Drive design life is 5 years.)
IF the HD is the original one, it may be old enough to go bad soon.
I had a Dell 2400 Desktop given to me because of limited RAM,
and a totally failed Hard Drive. Mine is a 2G CPU. I think I have 2G RAM in it now.
Mine had a Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 8,  40GB hard drive (OEM.) 05AUG2003

Once all your data is safe, I'd consider the possibility of doing a factory restore
of the system. That will take you back to the day the system was built.
That may have its drawbacks, so ask on the List before doing that.

Hopefully, you have the 4 CDs that came with the machine.
A purple Operating System Reinstallation CD, XP-Home with SP1,
two for "Application",
and one "Drivers and Utilities".

Disclaimer: The safest way to clean a machine is to make a FULL Image/back-up
of the HD first. That way everything you forget is saved automatically for you
to get back at your leisure.

Rick Glazier

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>