Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Mar 1998 10:23:31 -0800

>When I type dir/? in a DOS Window, I get an error message in Hebrew
>about not being able to find a file.  When I type "Help", I get a
>help file which explicitly says DOS 6.22, even though I have Win95
>and Nuts & Bolts reports my DOS as DOS 7!  Maybe this is the help
>file I downloaded and installed in C:\DOSHELP as the closest I could
>get.

Yes it sounds like you are invoking a batch file or a shortcut to bring up
the old Dos 6.** help file. My guess is that you installed Win 95 on top of
Win 3.1 and you did not remove the old Dos directory. If I am correct just
rename the old Dos directory and that should end the wrong version messages.

You don't need the old Dos directory unless there is some reason you need
to boot back into it. If you decide to delete it you might consider
deleting everything except your Dos 6.** files and renaming the directory
something like OldDos. Then write a simple batch file that loads old Dos
Help  ....you can even name it help if you wish although things might get
confusing. I named mine oldos.bat  Make sure you save your batch file in
your path.  Now when your in Dos 7 you can type the name of your batch file
and Dos 6.**  help  will appear........but remember not all the old
commands work in Dos 7 and there are a few new ones.

Mark