Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
John Dent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 2003 18:31:25 -0700
Dave,

As I understand it Acrobat Reader uses font embedding. I think acrobat has
a database of fonts it uses.  Of course there are many, many different
fonts in the computer universe, and an exact font match, in many cases is
not possible. If the font cannot be embedded, Reader will try to
approximate the original font from its fonts or from your own installed fonts.

In V6.0 there is an option under DOCUMENTS to "use local fonts" which, I
believe, would force a matching attempt from your installed fonts.  If you
want exact matches to the original font, ask the sender to supply you with
the correct font to install before opening the document. I'm fairly sure
the above is correct. This is my impression from using Acrobat Reader for
many years.

John D.

At 02:14 PM 8/8/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>For the newbie on the block.  Related to pdf files.  Is the image in a pdf
>file dependant on the font files a person may have installed on her/his
>computer?  For example:  If I receive a pdf file, and original font used
>by the originator of the pdf file is a strange font that may not be loaded
>on most machines, will the file that I view see that font or a font that
>comes from my machine.  In short, is a pdf file more like a jpg, gif, or
>bmp file.
>
>I have an ongoing discussion going on with an individual about this and
>would like to hear from knowledgeable folk in cyberland.  Thanks in
>advance for your replies.
>
>Dave Moorel

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>