Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 22:13:02 -0700
  This is a new worm which has just started to circulate today, W32.Blaster.
 By now, removal info should be available on the various antivirus websites.

  This worm takes advantage of a critical flaw in several versions of
Windows.  Microsoft released a fix to Windows Update about a month ago, and
network admins have been scrambling the last two weeks to get that patch
widely installed.

David Gillett

On 12 Aug 2003, at 7:06, Greg De Guzman wrote:

> I'm troubleshooting a friend's computer that started behaving erratically
> that shows a pop-up after about 5 minutes that says "windows is shutting
> down due to a ____ terminated process". The pop-up starts a timer within
> itself  after which the system re-starts. This process repeats itself
> ad-infinitum everytime the computer re-starts.
>
> I thought of peeking through the start-up list and see what the system was
> and it is "msblast.exe". I did a search from the computer's Start Menu for
> the "msblast.exe* and it found the ff:
>
> c:\Windows\System32\msblast.exe
>
> c:\windows\Prefetch\MSBLASTEXE-09FF84F2.pf
>
> Deactivating the "msblast.exe" from the Start-up List stopped the process.
>
> What are these files? Are these Virus Payloads? Nothing was detected through
> the Norton AV installed with a Virus Definition dated 6/27/03 after
> repeating the Scan.
>
> Thanks for any inputs.
>

> Greg
>
>              PCSOFT maintains many useful files for download

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml