Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 08:02:54 -0500
Phil Ferguson wrote:

> My Help files for Windows 95 and all of my Office97 apps are not
> accessible from either within the application itself or from the Start
> Menu (Win 95).  I can find them when I do a search for them; then
> double-click on them and they appear.  They just aren't accessible in
> their normal location.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Phil,

You didn't say WHERE you found them.....
Windows and office expect the help files to be in:
     C:\WINDOWS\HELP

Since Office 97 has it's own separate registry entry for
the location of help files, I would guess that you have a problem
with the folder name and/or location.  Assuming you haven't moved
or renamed anything, I would say that SCANDISK is the first stopping
point on your journey.

IF you want to check your registry, use RegEdit and search for data
elements containing "dows\Help" (without the quote marks)

Office97 has a key at
MOS

  Directories

      WinHelp