Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 21:56:54 +1000
Gordon  wrote:
>Recently, I installed Norton's Internet Security 2005 and Norton System
>Works 2005.  I've used Norton's stuff for 20 years and been very
>pleased.  However, after this new installation it seems my computer has
>slowed down too much >>

What have you installed it on?  Unless your system has resources to spare,
that's what I'd expect.

Closing some of your background applications might help a bit.

Sounds like a typical complaint, from the various forums to which I
subscribe.  Nortons has long been considered far too invasive. It might
have been good once, but when Peter Norton sold out, it seems to have gone
downhill ever since.  The people responsible for its design seem to live in
a world far removed from reality, as all the bad press it has got over
recent times appears to have gone right over their heads.

To give it due credit, it does seem to do its primary job of virus-hunting
well.  And the Symantec webpage is second to none with its free services
and research.  If only they'd listen to their buying public!  A lot of
people are very disappointed with its current marketing strategies and lack
of support.

In view of other alternatives, it has ceased to be good value.

Perhaps I should point out that I do not and never have use Nortons
products (except for Cleansweep, which I still find invaluable as an
installation monitor, though even that has gone downhill over the years),
and so can only speak from what I read in this and other similar
forums.  But it does seem, sadly, that Nortons is currently the
most-criticised software out there at the moment.

Don Penlington

 From the Beach at Surfers Paradise in sunny Queensland.
Computer tutorials, local scenery,  and other things at my website:
http://users.tpg.com.au/deepend/index1.html