Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jun 2008 01:48:48 -0400
Harriet,

In your case,
there is no need to copy the I386 folder to your harddrive.
it's already there in C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\
-In search you have to tick-System files and Hidden files and folders
The reason why some computers have it as C:\I386 is because the
installation of XP was made from this folder.
IOW,rather than using the CD, the I386 folder was copied from the CD
to C:\.From there you select setup and install XP
So now the install source is a local folder rather than the CD drive.

Having said that, on occasion it may be handy to have it anyway
if the System asks for some files that were not installed previously.
Normally it asks to insert the XP CD,however with the I386 folder on
board the source is now C:\I386

See also
http://www.petri.co.il/customize_a_new_xp_installation.htm and scroll to
"Copy the I386 source folder to your HD and change the source path"
This also deals with changing the install source in the registry.

After all this I'm going to tell you that sometimes it's not a good idea
to do this, especially if you have one of the earlier XP CDs.
The I386 folder will be several Service Pack updates behind.
Unless you slipstreamed those into the original and created a updated
XP install CD, the old I386 will give trouble.

If you follow the instructions in the link that Ray Parrish provided
http://www.howtohaven.com/system/createwindowssetupdisk.shtml
it should take care of above concerns.

* To Ray:Thanks for the excellent find - that was the one I was looking
for - I had it already,but couldn't find it at the time I wrote my

BTW,you can't copy that I386 folder straight to a blank CD
(Well,you can if you use the UDF format,but not in this case)
   you have to burn it as part of the (updated)ISO.

Peter E.