Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 11:11:03 -0400
Barbara,

I've used Eudora for many years and have experienced some odd behavior
while using it under Windows 95, 98, SE, and ME.  Almost always the root
cause was running low on "Windows Resources".  I'd recommend running the
Resource Meter (included with  Win 98SE) minimized to the System Tray and
watching for it to turn to Yellow.  That's a sign that you are about to get
into trouble if you don't shut down some programs.

The reason that Eudora may not open is that you had too many mailboxes open
(the little tabs at the bottom) the last time you quit Eudora.  Each little
tab takes a lot of Windows Resources and if you are starting with low
resources, Eudora does strange things when you try to open it.   Also if
Eudora is running, URL's may not open if there are not enough resources to
open them (especially true if you use Netscape as your browser).

The other causes for "bad" behavior with Eudora is having too many emails
in either the In, Out or Trash boxes.  These are loaded into and updated
directly in main memory, where the other (user created) mailboxes are kept
on disk while Eudora is open.  You can run out of memory if these 3
mailboxes are too big.

Doug

At 8/8/2003 12:17 AM, B.Allen wrote:

>I have a Gateway Select 750 AMD Athlon, running Windows98SE, 128 MB RAM, 30
>GB HD (23 GB free).  Recently switched from a Dial-Up Modem ISP to
>Broadband.  With the change in ISPs we got new email addresses.  I
>uninstalled the old Eudora (sponsored mode) we were running and upgraded it.
>Since then we have had problems with the Eudora program as follows:
>
>1.  Periodically it will not let us open urls in messages.
>
>2.  Sometimes (not all the time) the shortcut on the desktop will not open
>the program, clicking on "open" will not open it.  The only way to get it
>open is to reboot.
>
>3.  I followed the directions from the Eudora site on installing and
>uninstalling.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml