Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Betty Knutson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jul 2003 12:42:32 -0400
You are correct that Quicken will default to the next
number after the last one you used. However, if this
number has already been used, it should (and does for
me) present a warning and ask if you really want to
duplicate this check number, at which point you may
change it. My version of Q is 2002 Deluxe.

Betty Knutson
Optimum Solutions M.I.S. Team
865-933-6003 Office
865-933-6005 Fax
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

-----Original Message-----
From: PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion
list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Peter
Shkabara
Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2003 11:58 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCSOFT] Quicken 2003

This is for the Quicken experts on the list. I had been
an MS Money user for
a long time, but Quicken is relatively new to me. My
impression is that MS
Money 2003 is a much better program than Quicken 2003,
but it lacks a very
important feature. Strangely, in Money, you cannot
change the display font!
So we are going with Quicken at this time.

Anyway, among my problems with Quicken is that when you
select to use the
next check number in making an entry, Quicken seems to
generate the next
number after the last entry you made rather than the
next highest number of
all number in the register. In our case, we made a
correction to a register
entry to fix the check number. When we tried to enter
the next transaction,
Quicken gave us the wrong "next number" for the check.
Worse yet, Quicken
allowed the now duplicate number to be entered. Am I
missing some setting in
Quicken, or is it really that infuriatingly dumb?

Sorry for my Quicken bashing tone, but the programmers
at Intuit did an
astoundingly poor job of user interface design on this
program. Although
Money has a lot of faults of its own, it has a better,
logical, and
forgiving design than Quicken.

Peter
The NoSpin Group

      "Hold No Punches.." Rode brings you great
shareware/freeware
        programs with his honest opinions in this
weekly column.
                       http://freepctech.com/rode

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml