Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 00:26:43 +0000
> Rich, Rich, never trust any program that says it will delete something from
> your computer.
> I have been using Clean Sweep in my enterprise for two years and through 2
> versions.  I review everything that it wants to do, and I have last say if
> it will.  There are check boxes that can be unchecked and the information
> for that box will remain in the computer.  I have never in two years on 25
> computer had a problem with Clean Sweep.

I also tried out the download  trial version of CleanSweep, and
although I personally had no problems with it, decided not to
purchase, since I thought it was not capable of  simultaneously being
 safe and thorough enough to justify the price.  From reading
Quarterdeck's own message board on it, I had the impression that
there were 4 categories of major problems:
1.  Major system problems on installing
or uninstalling CleanSweep itself.  I don't know the cause.
2.  Major problems caused by not following CleanSweep's instructions
exactly to the letter.
3.  Problems which occurred when the user had several programs by the
same manufacturer installed.  Some of these seemed related to a bug
in CleanSweep.
4.  Mistakes in the instructions given by CleanSweep itself.  In one
case I reported the problem, and was told that they already had plans
for correcting it in a later version.
The moral of the story is never to even install, much less purchase,
a major program without checking the discussion board, if the company
has one.  You also get a good impression of the general quality of
the tech support like that.

Thank you.
David Jonathan Justman

          PCSOFT:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]