Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2008 17:54:49 -0400
Hi Mary,

I understand your frustration.I went through this a few years ago.
You have a few options,but first let me try if some of the conditions
apply to you.
Using an email client like Windows Mail,you may well be subjected to 2
sets of spam filters :
One set is the ISP's spam filters, the other is on the Windows Mail
client.It isn't quite clear to me which filter you set,but I'm assuming
you talk about the Windows Mail filter.
If that's the case,also check your settings on the ISP server.
They may be set too aggressively.

Regardless of this, I found that even then,you may find that some good
messages end up in the spam box.
Just like you,my ISP's mail ends up there sometimes .

My own solution:
1.I use no filtering on my email client.(spam filter is disabled)
2.On startup the client does not login and automatically download any
mail, nor do I let it automatically download any mail at set intervals.

Instead,I use an email checker like POP Peeper
http://www.poppeeper.com/
You could also use http://www.poptray.org/index.php

With this I check the mail on the server and after deleting all spam,
only then I download the clean messages.
On the server I set it to download all messages - good and bad - which
of course isn't true ,since I do the pre-check', but it allows me to
download mistakingly side-lined messages.
This has 2 advantages:
1.The mail downloads faster since it is not delayed by the spam filter
check and 2.No spam ever reaches your computer.

So in effect the first filter is at the ISP's server - the second one is
me <g>.I find this a lot faster and safer than some other methods.
and you keep your email client Inbox clean.
Occasionally I double-check my spambox on the server in case anything
was missed,but in general no good mail is found there.

You could also move to Windows Live Mail, but that is strictly webmail.
They do a reasonable job of spam filtering as do GMail and Yahoo Mail,
with Gmail having the best filters IMHO.

Hope this helps,

Peter E.