Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Ed Matthews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2007 11:13:33 -0400
Hi,

I'm running Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 2 with all available updates as of last week.

I've been accustomed to temporarily disabling my antivirus and firewall software before going to http://update.microsoft.com (Microsoft Update Service) and up until now I've had no problems.  (Note:  I'm using Norton AV 2007 as well as the latest free version of ZoneAlarm with no other software running in the system tray; I have disabled much of the other "junk" software in the background using MSCONFIG).

Just within the past two days have I had a problem. The scan takes a very long time, about fifteen minutes.  Then, after the long scan, I get a blank page where normally the results page is displayed.

I've done all the usual troubleshooting steps including:  clearing the cache, CHKDSK, deleting stuff from Windows Temp, etc.  all to no avail.

I feel that the solution is more advanced than simply clearing Internet history and the sort.  Any assistance (I'm an advanced computer user) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ed