Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Richard Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2007 10:07:36 -0400
Mixed in.

From: "E B Lund"
> Running XP home. Couple weeks back I changed some settings which I thought would improve Firefox displays. Ended up going the
> wrong way. I know I changed settings in Firefox and ZoneAlarm Security Suite.

I have FF2, but do not use ZA.

<http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?newaddr=1697+Broadway&taddr=1800+Broadway&csz=New+York%2C+NY&country=us&tcsz=New+York%2C+NY&tcountry=us>
> where you are supposed to turn, there is supposed to be a round icon with R or L in it. But those R and L icons are missing now in
> Firefox. (Not missing in IE.)

Those come from:
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/mp/gr/mp22_l.gif
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/mp/gr/mp22_r.gif

So be sure you are allowing (not blocking) the Domain:  yimg.com
Click on (or copy and paste) the above full links and see if they open in your FF browser.

>Interestingly, in the driving directions, the star that is missing when plotting an individual address as previously mentioned
>shows up in the small destination map on the right.

That is embedded in the picture, (not an overlay), and comes from: (part of link
since it is extreemly long) image.maps.yahoo.com
(We already knew you did not block Yahoo.com.)

> Although there is something really interesting . . . one of the reasons I like Yahoo maps is that I can cut and paste directions
> into Notepad and the Rs and Ls miraculously change to "right" and "left". And even though the Rs and Ls don't show up in Firefox,
> if I cut and paste the directions from there, the rights and lefts still show up!

When you copy and paste, it uses the embedded alternate tags in that line for
the gif.  (It is not magic, <grin>...)

PS: One little missing part you did not notice:

Be sure to view this next part in the CC: I sent you. (See if that works, if not - see link below.)

Yahoo! Driving Directions                  (This line is "OK")
Of the right end of the next line, The link to +My Yahoo should be missing the gif.
Maps | Driving Directions
(This is just above: Starting from:  1697 Broadway, New York, NY 10019-5904 Save Address)

If that looks bad also, it sort of proves it is a Domain issue...
Graphic links embedded in body of above e-mail, (they should be broken here too).

The following (will appear offlist only) is a screen shot (16k) of what I see above so you know what to look for.

This will look "odd" on the list, and will likely not work too well even as a CC: (especially if read in "forced plain text mode".)
SO ---
For a screen shot of this last "hidden" part of this message, (the part the list will strip),
OR what might be "broken" due to settings problems grandfathered into the CC: that portion of the message (51K jpg) can be seen
here:
http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot549oe1.jpg

One last thought:  All of the above (e-mail tricks) assume FF is registered as your DEFAULT browser...

                    HTH,                            Rick Glazier

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>