Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Sep 2000 01:54:48 -0400
At 15:33 09/08/00, Dharam Bhardwaj wrote:
>Can someone tell me what keys will 'expand' the + groups so that it
>lists all the devices under Device Manager tab of System Properties?
>I need to remove certain devices and don't have the luxury of a
>mouse......

In this message, I'll use brackets to indicate keyboard keys.
(The name of the key will be inside the brackets.)

You can navigate through the device types and subdevices in
Device Manager using the Tab key and the Up and Down arrow
keys.

Here's a step by step example:

Open Device Manager.

        For anyone who's interested in how to do this without
        a mouse: The Windows key or <Ctrl><Esc> opens the
        Start Menu, the <up arrow> key gets you to Settings,
        <right arrow> gets you to Control Panel and <Enter>
        opens it, <down arrow> gets you to System and <Enter>
        opens it. <Right arrow> moves you to Device Manager
        and automatically opens it.

By default, when Device Manager is opened, "Computer" is
highlighted.

Hit <Tab> (the Tab key) twice. This gets you to where the
arrow keys let you go down the list of major device types.
Use <down arrow> to go down the list of device types until
the one you want is highlighted. Use <right arrow> to expand
this device type. (That answers Dharam's question, but I'll
continue on.) Use <down arrow> to get to the individual
device (maybe we should call it a "subdevice"?) you want.
Hit <Tab> once and notice that the "Properties" button (near
the bottom of Device Manager) is selected. Hit <Enter> to
view the tab sheets for the device. (Don't confuse what I
call tab sheets with the <Tab> key on your keyboard.) Use
<left arrow> to move from tab sheet to tab sheet. The <Tab>
key will move you from changeable setting to changeable
setting on a particular tab sheet. You can add or remove
check marks in settings boxes using the + or - keys.

Think of the Tab key as a way to move from one input level
to another. The arrow keys move you from item to item on
the same input level.

Good luck!

Regards,
Bill

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions