Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 22:05:54 -0800
Recently my router with the firewall and nat protection went down. Within 4
hours I was infected with Nimda.
After several NAV2k scans I was able to get rid of this
truly creative and persistant parasite. Before my system became infected I
had the router as primary defense and Zone Alarm Pro as the Secondary
guardian of my network at home. I was in the process of adding some software
to my machine so I disabled Zone Alarm Pro temporarily.That window of
opportunity was all the hacker needed to spread his wares to my system.
Luckily I had no connection to the other computers on my network at the time
or they too would have been infected. I just wanted to let all of the fellow
subscribers of this list know that PROTECTION of your system isn't an
option. It is an absolute MUST!
I have traced down the culprit using Whois and reported the offending ISP to
my DSL providers internet security dept. Whether they do anything about  it
is doubtful since the Ip address is in a totally different namespace.
One good website you should check into is  http://www.samspade.org. Here you
can learn what is needed to protect your system and networks.

Happy Thanksgiving All,

Barry Clark
MCSE/CCNA