Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 2004 08:47:03 -0400
Microsoft sells a package "bundle"  that includes three of the OS
and one Windows OEM pre-installation CD.  There is no "smoke
and mirrors" about what you get...

Depending on when it was made and/or how long it was in stock,
the OS disks may or may not have SP1 slipstreamed (integrated) in...
It will be displayed on the face of the CD as to what exact version it is...

For example:  The MS XP factory OS disks have been manufactured
with SP1 already installed (slipstreamed) for quite some time.
MS has NO plans to remove those disks from the "channel", but rather
intends to let them flush through "as sales" until they are used up.
Since SP2 was released sometime around Aug 4, they will be quickly
switching over to integrating SP2 onto their factory OS disks.

For those interested in slipstreaming, here's a SP2 slipstreaming guide:
http://www.windows-help.net/WindowsXP/winxp-sp2-bootcd.html
(This is legal to do IF you own the OS and only make one for yourself.)
Note - For the eagle-eyed:  The page (above site) lists the MS link for the full
SP2 patch with  a size of 266M... That is the size as it appears on the MS
servers. MS says the same exact patch is 272M on the page you are
directed to, and THAT is the size you will see in XP in the "My Computer"
file listing... (It is kind of like when you can get two sizes for a HD capacity...)
FYI:  Here are the checksums for the file, (which is digitally signed and
will verify itself too...)

    MD5 hash      59a98f181fe383907e520a391d75b5a7
    SHA-1 hash       33a8fef60d48ae1f2c4feea27111af5ceca3c4f6
    CRC   46f12b1

A good checksum tool is available here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;841290

                                          Rick Glazier