Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 May 2000 01:21:07 -0500
From: Brian L. Sanburn :Subject: [PCSOFT] "System" Icon in Control Panel

> Good morning all....
>
>         I am running W98/MSIE5 on a Compaq 450Mhz PC w/64m RAM. Earlier
today I
> noticed that when I double-click the "System" icon in Control Panel it
does
> not open.  This is something I've not seen before and hardly know where to
> start in trying to diagnose and repair this situation.  As per usual, when
> anything goes awry on my computer I recall as best I can what changes
> (hardware or software) I've made recently that would, perhaps, be the
> culprit.  The only thing I can think of is that I recently installed
> Netscape Navigator 6 (beta).  Interestingly, I suspected Navigator to
begin
> with and was going to uninstall it. Upon opening the "Add/Remove" option
in
> CP I DO NOT SEE IT THERE!  (That is another issue...maybe.)  In any event
> tried to "repair" IE and was told I would have to reinstall, which I did
> (the only thing MSIE saw that needed installing was VRML and some other
> related items...1111kb download).  Still can't open "System."
>
>         So, is anyone able to offer assistance with this puzzler?  I sure
would
> appreciate it.
>
>         Thanks.
>
>         Brian

Brian,

The System Icon in Control panel is a file in your Windows\System directory
called Sysdm.cpl.  Check your Windows\system directory to see if this file
is there.  It may be corrupt or missing ( although since you are not getting
a message that the file cannot be found I would suspect corrupt).  You can
try deleting Sysdm.cpl from your Windows\system directory and copy the
Sysdm.cpl from your Win98 cd to your Windows\system directory to see if it
will once again work.  Sysdm.cpl can be found on the Win98 CD in Cab file
29.

Hope this helps

Mary Wolden

         The NOSPIN Group Promotions is now offering the NOSPIN
        File Download CD, Abit's Gentus Linux, Linux Power CD and
          the RedHat Linux CD.  All CDs are provided at COST!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions