Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 10:12:35 -0500
I made two "mistakes" in my original answer...
The "original question" I referred to was NOT the original
question in the "original post"...
I "came in on" the second question...
Sorry for the confusion, I did not "look back" to see if there
was a different question "before" the one I answered, that
lead to and affected the one I actually replied to...
One question "set-up" the conditions for the other, but there was
no reference to or quoting from it and it had a different subject......
My physic powers were not working that day... <grin>...

Here is a proper answer to both questions.
An "*.mbx or *.dbx file is an "internal part" of the E-mail program
and is not meant to be opened directly by Explorer or by "any"
normal type of program association through a file extension...
Still, you "can" still open an *.mbx file in other programs,
but it will not "look the same", and not be usable in a way
that will do you any good.  (Hope that is clear...)

To get that file "properly recognized" and usable in the e-mail
program on another computer requires special handling...
One special requirement is that with MS products, the versions of the
source program, and the target program must be very similar...
MS commonly makes "drastic" changes in the way mail is stored in
their various new releases, and while they "generally" have added
backward support "internally", they do not seem to have made it particularly
easy to move messages in what you or I "might" consider a perfectly
legitimate and easy way...  There are whole WEB site sections that deal
with this subject and offer programs that will do this...
The suggestions offered by others on this list "sound like" things I have
tried in the past and have found to work...

So the answer to your question (and someone else's on the list) comes in
two parts.  Managing to get the file of "any size" (sometimes quite large)
to another computer, and then getting it to sort of "re-install" into the other
computers e-mail program...
The message file is not "just read" in the e-mail program, it needs certain
database "structures" in place in the e-mail program to allow proper access
to the file...  Unless you "artificially" or specifically set these "pointers" up in
advance, the file will be invisible in the "target" system...
Hope this is "mostly" clear...  I will be doing this myself soon.
             Rick Glazier