Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Sat, 28 Aug 2004 11:10:31 -0500
Hi Anne,

To answer your first question, nothing will happen and you will continue on
with Windows XP as you have it set up now. If you don't have Service Pack 2
(SP2) installed you will probably be able to get portions of it as
incremental updates through Windows Update as it works with SP1 now.

It's not an update that you absolutely have to have right now, but if you
are interested in security and in keeping your system up to date, you should
get it. As has been pointed out by several, Microsoft is already including
SP2 in the new releases of the retail and OEM versions of Windows XP. The
OEM version is made available to computer manufacturers for customized
installation in their new computers and to individuals who qualify as
computer 'builders'.

SP2 is available at Windows Update now for both the Home and Professional
version. The easiest way to get it is to insure Automatic Updates is enabled
in Control Panel (System in the Classic view). You can also turn it on at
the Windows Update site if it has been turned off. Also, go to Network
Connections in Control Panel and in "Properties" for your connection, on the
"Options" tab under "Redialing options", insure the "Idle time before
hanging up" is set to "Never" and the "Redial if line is dropped" option is
checked. The Windows Update download is 75 MB and Windows will notify you
when it's ready to be installed. Go here to learn more about SP2:

Windows XP Service Pack 2
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/default.mspx

Even if you download the update, order it on CD from Microsoft so you'll
have it to share and if you need to reinstall XP for any reason later. It's
free and includes shipping here:

Order Windows XP Service Pack 2 on CD
http://tinyurl.com/6g675

There has been a lot of discussion of SP2 on the list. You can check the
PCSOFT Archive for more information:

Archives of PCSOFT
http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/pcsoft.html

Good luck...