Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mick Fitzpatrick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 09:41:29 +0100
Hello

I have had a small home network ... using cat 5/RJ45, hub and NetBEUI
protocol for some time now. I mainly use it for file sharing/access between
my notebook and PC ... everything has worked fine and I found it easy to set
up. Both machines use W98 SE.

I want to change the network to TCP/IP with a view to internet/email sharing
at a later date .... I'm in no hurry to have internet sharing but I would
like to get the TCP/IP network working .... I have not been able to do it!

This what I've done so far:

Enabled TCP/IP for the network card on the host and the client.

On the host set up the TCP/IP properties as:
IP Address: 192.168.0.1
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

On the client set up the TCP/IP properties as:
IP Address: 192.168.0.2
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Then I deleted the NetBEUI protocol on each machine. I've not changed or
added any other information.

Of course the network does not work now! :-) ... but it does when I revert
to NetBEUI and delete the TCP/IP protocol.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated .... especially if it's reall
easy to understand :-)

TIA ... Mick