Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Sue Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 11:13:50 -0500
On 22 Mar 01, at 0:04, Paul wrote:

> I am trying to set up colors on a computer for a visually impaired
> person.
I'm not sure if I can help, but I'll be following this closely...my
father-in-law is visually impaired, and I am over there weekly
tweaking settings for him to see things. He tends to mess them up
(he's very new to this, but isn't afraid to go into the computer
settings and change things. Unfortunately, for the worse and can't
get back).

> The problem is that in microsoft word 97, she wants a black background
> with
> "white text".
> However she wants the printed text to be "black" which means I need to
> be
> able to  setup somewhere on the computer that text displayed on the
> screen
> within microsoft word is "white" but  black is the printed text.
> I have successfully made the word screen a "black background" but so too
> is
> the text and while it is correct, it is little benefit  to her as she
> can't
> see it at all then.
First, make sure you have the accessibility options on (in Windoze).
This is in control panel. Select high contrast, and then settings.
Choose custom, then I recommend High Contrast Black Extra Large.
To further tweak this, while in control panel, go into display
properties, choose appearance, then in the drop down box, start
changing the various other choices to further reflect the person's
preferences. *Save* this scheme when you're through, as any name you
want, then hit apply, and okay.
> I have been able to do this in the short term by going into "format"
> then
> "background" but  it doesn't hold the setting when you exit.
Now for Word...
Probably the best way would be to save the background and font
settings as a template. I'm not absolutely sure if this will work in
Word97 (I have 2000), but perhaps someone else more familiar with
this will come up with an answer.
Go to File|New
It should bring up the list of document types. Select template, and
choose the background, text size and color. Save it as normal.dot and
that will be the default from then on.
As for the printing question, despending on the printer, you may be
able to do the changes in the properties section. I use a HP 812, and
can have it print in gray scale, or manually turn off the colored
part. My husband has two Canons (one color and one BW) and an AB
switch, and generally just uses the BW, which will ignore all colors.
Hopefully someone else will have better suggestions than these. Wish
I could have been more helpful.

> I hope I have explained this okay and hope someone can give me clear
> instructions as to how this is done.

Sue Clark
Bristol, ME

                     support at our newest website: