Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 13:19:34 -0800
On  4 Nov 98 at 8:11, Rick Glazier wrote:

> Could it be possible to have a "bug" in a WEB page that is being
> stored locally on a floppy to be SOOO bad (or access a sound plugin
> that is SOO buggy) to actually cause data corruption on the floppy?
> The floppy lost files, directories, and has illegal filenames
> (before or after?) disk repair by Norton v3.07. I believe the
> plugin was involved because it froze the computer while running
> different pages from different floppies.

  This is highly unlikely.

  I have to concede, though, that a program that has run into a
"hang" or "crash" problem doesn't necessarily stop at the *first*
unintended instruction, only the first that the CPU detects as
invalid.  It is at least hypothetically possible for any number of
valid but unintended operations to be performed first.
  Win 9x is somewhat more vulnerable to such accidents than NT or
Linux, but the odds are still really small.

David G

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com