Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Drew Dunn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 20:06:10 +0000
This may be out in left field, but it's worth a shot...

I have a dual Pentium 233MMX system that runs Red Hat Linux 5.0.  I use
TriTeal's Common Desktop Environment.  For the most part, I use the
machine for my email, web browsing, and doing processor intensive
graphics work.  The computer has 190MB of RAM in it.

Yesterday, one of the 32 meg SIMMs died, so I took both modules of the
pair out.  Now I cannot do anything that requires the use of the CTRL
key.  One of the biggest uses of that key on this system is shutting it
down.  The keystroke <CTRL><ALT><F1> gets me to a text screen allowing
me to log in as root and shut down the computer.  I can't do that
anymore.

It's not a hardware problem...I can actually turn the computer off, then
on again and reboot while it's booting up.  Unfortunately, very bad
things can happen to Linux if you turn it off without halting the system
first.

I know that this is a software problem...does anybody have any ideas of
what I can do to solve it?  I would like to be able to turn this
computer off once in a while...

Thanks,

Drew Dunn