Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Alain Azzam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Apr 1998 02:12:45 -0500
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but here goes :

Our corporation recently bought a physical server that we administer
remotely with PC Anywhere.  We are in Montreal and the server is in
Toronto.  It is a Dual Pentium II 300 with a lot of horsepower and gigs,
and it runs Internet Information Server 3.0 as a web server.

We bought this through the Advanced Server Farm divison of Bell Canada.
The problem is that no one there is able to answer our questions : they
are lost between 2152136 departments and it is very hard to get support
for our problems.

Our goal is to setup that server so that we can host on it each of our
new subscribed clients.  Each time we add a client, we have to :

1. register their domain name (with Internic or other if provincial)
2. point that domain name to our server (207.167.55.40)
3. assign a directory on the server and make sure that each domain name
has its own directory

The problem is that nobody can give us a clear answer on how to setup
IIS 3.0 so that all of the domain names point to our server's ip
address, but are then redirected to their specific root directory.  For
example if we have 2 clients, Coke and Pepsi, we want www.coke.com and
www.pepsi.com to both point to 207.167.55.40, but each has to be
redirected to a specific directory.  It is very easy for us to register
with Internic and have each domain name point to the same ip address,
but after that, how can we make it so that each domain name ends up in
its own directory ?

It seems that this can be done with the use of a subnet (from what I
read in the doc), but I'm not sure if it's essential.  Could someone
please tell us what are the prerequisites to enable such a function ?
I'd be forever in your debt for any information regarding this problem.
The documentation seems to say that you have to assign an ip address to
each and every domain name, but Bell is refusing to assign more than one
ip address to our server.  We're lost !!

Best regards. and thanks in advance for any help,
-Alain

Alain Azzam / VRS Consulting
1967 Raymond, Laval QC  H7S 1R3 Canada
T.: 514-668-0515  / F.: 514-668-8167 / mailto:[log in to unmask]