Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jul 2003 18:08:23 +1000
Tom Turak's idea works brilliantly. Thx Tom.

I've taken Tom's idea a step further.  Here's how you can create your own
permanent "program" which will list all folders and files contained in any
folder. This will give you a simple list in plain text---you can modify it
for Word or Excel or whatever if you wish.

For the sake of completeness, I've modified or repeated the steps Tom
outlined, and added a couple of my own ideas.

1. Open Notepad (Use whatever method you please).

2. Copy and paste this line into it:

          dir *.* /b /o >List.txt

    Or, if you don't want hidden or system files listed, you might prefer
Dave's suggestion:

          DIR /B /A-RHD /ON >List.txt

3. Close and save the text file as Printlist.bat (You can choose your own
name--the .bat extension is the important bit).

4. Save this file to wherever you want (I saved mine to my Utilities folder).

5. All done. Congratulations, you've just written your first "program".
(Programmers, please don't flame me!).

Now, whenever you want to obtain a simple text list of the contents of any
folder:

     1. Copy the file Printlist.bat into the folder whose contents you want
listed.
     2. Double-click it.

In a moment, a new file called "List.txt" will appear, as if by magic, in
the same folder. This is your eagerly-awaited list, in alphabetical order.
 From there, you can print it or store it wherever you want.

When finished, delete the copy of Printlist.bat which you copied into the
target folder.

NOTE: This will not list the contents of sub-folders. Perhaps Tom or Dave
can suggest a further switch to add for this if that's what you want.

Don Penlington

 From the beach at Surfers Paradise.
http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
for sunny Queensland photos, fractal art, free computer tutorials, and more.

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>