Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jim Besse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:14:34 -0500
On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 20:49:57 -0800, cfinnigan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>our burned CD's are not playing any sound.
>
>the burner is an I/O Magic 48x16x48 CD-RW
>the CD drive a TEAC 8x
>both on one ribbon cable connected to the second IDE port
>(i don't remember master/slave setup)
>
>the CD-RW came with Nero software which is not very user friendly. we tried
>Roxio v.5 and when we copy a music CD from the TEAC to the I/O Magic, the
>resulting product has no sound. (the sound works fine with other CD's)
>
>the CD-RW does not have the cable connected  to the systems sound card, the
>CD drive does.
>
>Celeron 500
>256MB RAM
>
>any sugggestions would be appreciated, even a source of simple instructions
>for hte Nero softwware which  i find very difficult to use.
>
>thanks,
>

>Chuck Finnigan
>
>               The NOSPIN Group Promotions is now offering
>              Mandrake Linux or Red Hat Linux CD sets along
>             with the OpenOffice CD...  at a great price!!!
>             http://freepctech.com/goodies/promotions.shtml

I don't have a sound cable between my CD/RW drive and sound card yet I can record and play sound just fine.  I can understand why I can record sound but don't understand how it plays sound.  Is there another path for audio from the CD to get to the sound card?

Thanks, Jim

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml