Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Larry Fisk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 19:30:43 -0600
Terry;
I just dealt with a similar situation on a client's desktop hard drive.
the computer wouldn't boot and the drive contents didn't show from a floppy
boot,
so I removed the hard drive and hooked it up as a slave on another win98
computer.
 I did the old freezer treatment on the defective drive for about 30 min.
then was able to copy his large "my documents" folder, then the drive
"died".
The drive was making quite a bit of noise.
After about 6 hrs in the freezer in an (anti-static bag),
I tried to ghost it to a new drive but it failed.
This was win98 so I tried xcopy with the "richkey" switch, and it copied
most of the files and
died again.  Fdisked and made the new drive active.
Low and behold the new copied drive booted to win98 and saved almost all his
data.
He had to re-install a couple of programs because of missing .dlls
Customer was overjoyed cause he was resigned to losing everything.
In your case you would have to have a laptop drive to desktop adapter like
this one:
http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=HD-108
I think this method would be your best bet to recover data from the drive,
short
of sending it to a data recovery company.
If the drive isn't to far gone, you may not have to freeze it.

<>< Larry Fisk
         Fisk Computers
           Fruitvale, Idaho