Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 17:04:08 -0500
At 1/11/2003 06:47 PM, Bill O'Neal's friend wrote:

>I get a couple of messages when I try to formulate reports from my Quicken.
>One says "there are too many Quicken tabs open, the other says that there
>are to many windows open close windows and try again."
>He needs the files for his tax return. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

It sounds like he is running out of resources.  This can happen in the
Windows 9x OS's when a program like Quicken has a lot of "tabs"
showing.  Have him run the resource meter found under the Start -> Programs
-> Accessories and something like System Tools (I don't have my Win 98
machine here with me).   Then minimize it to the system tray.  The green
bar will go down to yellow if he is running out of "Windows resources".

Unfortunately you can't add more resources (note: this is *not* memory or
hardware!). The amount of Windows resources is fixed by Microsoft and
cannot be changed except by upgrading to Win 2000 or XP.  The only thing he
can do is close some of the "tabs" that are displayed in Quicken and close
unneeded programs before trying to run the report.

Programs that use tabs such as Quicken and Eudora use *lots* of resources
since they multiply with more tabs open.  Another big user is older
versions of Netscape.

Windows NT, 2000 and XP don't have this problem since resources are handled
in a completely different manner.

Doug

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml