Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 12:27:41 +1000
<<I have read many things from PCSOFT saying that Incredimail is bad, but I've
 >never had a problem with it.>>

Here we go again!

No, YOU won't have any problem with it. And, yes, it's a great program.

Trouble is, it's the damage you'll do to every computer to which you send
your emails.  If all your friends have Incredimail, no problem, as you're
already compromised. Just make certain that you don't send it to
non-Incredimail enthusiasts.

You see, when you transmit an email to anyone, without either you or them
knowing it Incredimail puts a trojan into the recipient's computer. The
trojan transmits information from that computer back to the owners of
Incredimail. I understand that it's the little envelope logo that actually
contains the trojan. You won't see it at your end, it only appears at the
foot of received emails. It's activated by opening the email.

What they do with that info seems to be a secret, and is anybody's
guess.  Incredimail CLAIMS that this is purely innocuous.  In that case,
many people have wondered why they do not disclose the fact that this
activity is going on.  It's at best a sneaky way to do business, so it's no
wonder that people are highly suspicious of it, rightly or wrongly.

Most of us prefer not to take the risk.

As well, its formatted mail is a terrible waste of internet resources, and
entirely unsuitable for those recipients on dialup. One Incredimail letter
is about 5-10 times larger than the equivalent plain text. This means, when
collecting emails, that those of us on dialup have to sit waiting,
twiddling our thumbs, while one letter winds its way through the ether,
holding up all the rest of our email. Many people have their email filters
set to block anything like this, so your emails may not even get through
unless you know that each recipient is OK with this form of email.

So, by all means enjoy it among other enthusiasts.  But best not visit it
on others who may simply find it a nuisance.

Don Penlington

 From the Beach at Surfers Paradise in sunny Queensland.
Computer tutorials, local scenery,  and other things at my website:
http://users.tpg.com.au/deepend/index1.html