Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
John Dent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 11:20:25 -0700
Dan,

I would bet that the ISP accelerator is the culprit. It is probably
usurping computer memory. You may have to remove this accelerator which may
involve reinstalling all of your ISP's software. Even though this
accelerator probably works for most, it is probably conflicting with unique
software on your computer. Open Office should work ok alongside MS Office
products. Word 2000 also has a version number which I think is 9.

Also a RAM management program like "Release RAM" might help. It is possible
that the normal.dot template in Word is corrupted and causing some of the
problem. Reset normal.dot (which will change any customized settings back
to the default).

John D.

At 05:26 PM 4/5/2004, you wrote:
>This afternoon and evening I have been driven to distraction by my
>inability to open and work with my Word 2000 program. I get messages that
>tell me there is not enough memory to use "Microsoft Word 9." I didn't
>know I had Word 9. Sometimes the message is that "resources are
>dangerously low" - but I have more than enough free space in the hard
>drive (It's 40 Gigs). On other occasions I get a "Kernel 32" error
>message(?). I have no idea what that refers to - the Word program worked
>well this morning. I used GoBack to revert the drive - it didn't work at all.
>
>I recently installed Open Office 1.01 - could this have screwed everything
>up? Is it possible I have two Word programs on my disk - if I do I can't
>find them in Windows Explorer Program File? Is my computer readying itself
>for a major crash?
>
>Little more than a month ago, my ISP had me install an "accelerator" -
>about the only thing it has consistently done is slow the start up of the
>computer and make working with certain programs the equivalent of walking
>through molasses.
>
>As a pastor, I need this computer a lot - especially this week. If you
>have any suggestions for a cure, I would very much appreciate it.
>
>Thank you.
>
>Dan Crawford
>Gibsonia PA
>
>              PCSOFT maintains many useful files for download

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml