Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Robert Turnbull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jun 2000 14:14:45 -0400
I recently loaded a number of pieces of software onto my system to test
them for a friend. I assumed that when I uninstalled them, I could restore
my registry and every thing would be hunky dory.

My understanding was that the registry was backed up on the first bootup of
each day, and that the new copy replaced the oldest copy. My computer does
not have the same understanding. :(

When I booted into DOS to restore a recent copy, this is what I found [I
had deleted 1 of the 5 copies]:

06/24/00        Not Started     rb001.cab
06/23/00        Not Started     rb000.cab
06/05/00        Not Started     rb005.cab
05/01/00        Not Started     rb004.cab

It seems from the dates that a new copy is not created each day that the
system is booted.

My scanreg.ini file reads as follows [omitting the comment lines]:

Backup=1
Optimize=1
ScanregVersion=0.0001
MaxBackupCopies=10      [I changed this from 5 today]
BackkupDirectory=C:\WINDOWS\sysbackup
Files=01,C:\msdos.sys
Files=01,C:\WINDOWS\command.com
Files=10,C:\io.sys
Files=10,system.cb
Files=10,ttfcache
Files=10,dosstart.bat
Files=10,protocol.ini

I know that I can run scanreg and make a copy manually each day, but
shouldn't my system do it automatically? I am running Win98 (original) on a
Pentium II-400 with 128 MB RAM.

I would be grateful for any comments.

Robert Turnbull, Toronto, Canada
Please visit <www.thehungersite.com>