Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Gary Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 20:46:46 -0400
I've used ICQ for 5 years without any problems..I recently installed version
2001b beta v.5.16 build 3648..as always,i installed over the old
version..all the features worked ok..last nite i wanted to check a setting
and clicked the word "main" on the icq box and opened the prefs window
without a problem...now for the puzzling problem...about 20 minutes later,i
clicked the word "main" again and to my amazement,the link to the prefs
window was not in the menu and neither was the link to "view\change user
details"..now for more things..i no longer have the "add more users menu
item"..the "feather and groups" icon on top of the window is not
there...when i click the "services" button,there is no longer a reference to
"activate the file sharing" feature..it's just not there...and all i can now
do is send a contact a message...when i click a contact's name,all the
features,except "message" have in brackets after each,the word "activate"
but its grayed out and when i click on any feature like "web page url" i now
get an alert that says "the feature that you are trying to download is yet
to be supported in this version" and i get that alert on all the features in
the contact name's menu...it seems that "something" has "deactivated" all
the communication features in my icq...how all this could occur in 20-30
minutes is simply amazing as i did not install or uninstall anything and all
the features had been working with no problem...i then decided to redownload
and reinstall the icq program...the build number was now 3640..i installed
that file but the problems were still present...i also ran a vir*s check on
my computer with norton antivi*us and no vir*uses were found...i am quite
puzzled over this problem and would appreciated some advice to solve it and
wonder if anyone has experienced the same thing...thanks,Gary Burke

                       http://freepctech.com/rode