Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 2003 13:17:51 +1000
Sarah writes:

<<when norton scan my pc every time at startup it says i have over
38,000 files>>

There are several possibilities for you that spring to mind.

1. Run a Google search for "computer cleanup" which will give you leads to
numerous articles on various ways to locate and clean out redundant files.

2. Download a freeware application (there are probably 1000's of them)
which will safely cleanup your computer of accumulated junk.

3.  There's a tutorial on my website below, in the Computer Tutorials
section, ("Spring Clean your Hard Drive") on this topic.

4. Many people don't realise that they should regularly empty the deleted
emails from Outlook Express trash bin. (Or whatever other email program
they happen to use).

5. Go into Internet Options and set your browser cache not to exceed a
certain size.

6. Download a tiny free program called "Scanner".
(http://www.steffengerlach.de/freeware/).
This great little program will analyse your hard drive and give you a
simple piechart diagram where you can, simply by hovering the mouse cursor
over any part, see how much space is being taken up by various programs.
This may help you see where all your files are situated.

7. If you have XP, be aware that there may be more than one Recycle Bin to
empty, even if you are a single user.

Don Penlington

 From the beach at Surfers Paradise.
http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
for sunny Queensland photos, fractal art, free computer tutorials, and more.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com